Re: PostgreSQL <> MySQL: first draft

From: Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>,Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL <> MySQL: first draft
Date: 2003-09-16 01:34:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > > - PostgreSQL provides  mature and tested support  for function creation
> > >   in SQL and the following procedural languages:
> > >    PL/PgSQL (PostgreSQL's own procedural language, similar
> > >               to e.g. Oracle's PL/SQL)
> > >     Perl
> > >     Python
> > >     Tcl
> >
> > pl/ruby exists too:
> >
> > http://moulon.inra.fr/ruby/plruby.html
>
> And pljava (aka plpga):

:)) Yes but there is no working version of it on the network. But don`t
believe the sf.net statistics, we are working on it offline. Net
connection is too expensive :(

(The word java is trademarked both by people of Java island or Sun
microsystems inc. so we can not call it 'java'. Hopefully the 'j' wont be
a trademark of anyone.)