Re: postgres hab modification without restarting

From: Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres hab modification without restarting
Date: 2003-08-27 10:48:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
Ok, I know this was an RTFM category question, I just didn`t find the
information, but I promiss I will learn more about the proper use of the
unix command 'grep', so next time I will find it easily :)

I was looking for a `crontab -e`-like editing. It lets edit the file,
checks the format, and installs if changed, doesn`t let user make
failure - for example to forget sending the signal, or writing bad
formated pg_hba.conf. Is there something like that?

Laci