Re: PREPARE in ECPG

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: BTS <bts_postgresql(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PREPARE in ECPG
Date: 2003-05-23 10:14:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Okay, I couldn't work out what to trim from your post so I just left it all in.

You've got 800-1000 sql statements but are they reused in a single connection?
If not you're not going to be gaining much, if anything, by using
prepare/execute so the ecpg implementation is a moot point. This is because the
prepare only prepares a statment in the backend serving that particular client.
The other side of this is, it sounds from your description that your client
might be long lived and therefore maintain database connection(s) and use the
same statements repeatedly. That's obviously the situation to take advantage
of prepare/execute.

As for the specific question you asked, well I have no idea, sorry.

--
Nigel J. Andrews