Re: backup problem

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "(=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCMiZJTBsoQg==?=)" <pin(dot)o(dot)za(at)mail(dot)toyota-shokki(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup problem
Date: 2002-10-15 10:00:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, ([ISO-2022-JP] $B2&IL(B) wrote:

> Now I have written a cgi file to backup data from web client. I applied "pg_dump" command to fulfill the
> task,but it failed. I want to know whether there is a method or not, to fulfill the backup
> task within a database connection, just like do a sql query. And how can I solve the problem.

I think this was answered a couple of days ago, which I didn't read closely,
but...

You'll probably find that the browser and or server is dropping the connection
thereby interrupting the pg_dump cgi script.

On the other hand any number of things could be going wrong and you wouldn't
know. For example, does your CGI script check for a failure due to lack of
disk space and inform the user?

--
Nigel J. Andrews