Re: one last patch - array lower and upper bound

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: one last patch - array lower and upper bound
Date: 2002-09-27 23:19:59
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> This has been saved for the 7.4 release:
> Joe Conway wrote:
> > The "Allow easy display of usernames in a group (pg_hba.conf uses groups
> > now)" item on the open items, and subsequent plpgsql function I sent in,
> > made me realize it was too hard to get the upper and lower bound of an
> > array. The attached creates two functions that I think will be very
> > useful when combined with the ability of plpgsql to return sets.

Is this another one of those missed patches?

I saw this come across the Monday before the freeze at the latest. Indeed it
was this that made me stop rushing to get my C version of this in before the

BTW, I don't know if anyone did read the code I posted for comments since there
weren't any comments made, but my version produced what I think of as a
normalised version of pg_group with the extra benefit that is was just a
frontend to a general function. If anyone finds it in the archives (bugger, I
think I've deleted the source tree since doing that) I'd still appreciate
comments on it. I posted it more for technical review/learning than for
inclusion in the source tree.

Nigel J. Andrews