Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John L(dot) Turner" <jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table
Date: 2002-07-31 10:23:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, John L. Turner wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Newbe trying to learn pgaccess' import / export of tables
>
> ERROR
> "Relative Path not allowed for servers side copy command"
>
> Version downloaded today (Tuesday 30 July 02) was 0.98.8
> ( even though the/pgaccess/lib/mainlib.tcl says 0.98.7 )

I was going to say that this throws doubt on a correct installation of the new
version but then I haven't checked that the new version has had mainlib.tcl
unpdated for the new number.

> I opened a test database, created with the command
> psql mytestdb <  /pgaccess/demo/formdemo.sql
>
> Open Data base with no local host given,
> AND with my local host IP #
>
> I did start postmaster with -i

Well, you need that -i switch because you've specified the local host IP. If
your leave the host and port fields blank, i.e. zero length fields, then you
won't need the -i

> Then From Main pgaccess Menu: Database | Export Table
> Tried to export the table phonebook, received above ERROR
>
> I entered the path /home/jlt/phonebook.txt
> ERROR received.
>
> Also tested ~/phonebook.txt
> Also tested 192.168.110.42:~/phonebook.txt

No idea, I haven't looked at this.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director