Returning recordset from sp

From: Christian Ubbesen <cu(at)octacom(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Returning recordset from sp
Date: 2002-04-13 16:57:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Okey, this seems like a silly question, but I just can't find the answer
anywhere.

I'm creating stored procedures in pl/pgsql. These works just fine, taking
different parameters and returning others.

But i can only return one "variable" at a time, not a complete rowset (or
"recordset").

In Oracle I think you assign the SELECT-clause to a CURSOR, and the
returns the cursor.

In T-SQL (MS SQL) you just do a SELECT and reads it back as a recordset
with ADO.

But in Postgres and pl/pgsql - how do I accomplish this?

Christian