Re: Rep:Re: Error Writing/Reading Encrypted Values

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rep:Re: Error Writing/Reading Encrypted Values
Date: 2002-01-16 12:12:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Cedar Cox wrote:

> > > Yes. Do people want a new option ?
> >
> > Personally, I don't think I would need it, but it sounds useful (and
> > needed) if there's no other place to store "strange" data.  There's also
> > the question of defaults.  For Windows it should be the current behavior.
> > For Unix, perhaps the default should be no conversion?  (I don't know if
> > it's difficult to set something different for another platform.. perhaps
> > ignore me..?).
> It's not difficult to change the behavior between Windows
> and the others. It doesn't seem that difficult to add an
> option to enable/disable <LF> <-> <CR><LF> conversion either.
> The problem is that we have already too many options.
> The more we have options the longer the connection string
> would be. We are already using abbrebiated connection
> strings in psqlodbc driver and don't have many bytes
> to spare for connection strings.
> Well is the option worth adding ?

Ok.  I understand the dilemma.  In that case, perhaps it would make sense
for it to be a compile time option, with defaults as I mentioned.  It
seems most likely to be platform dependent, and probably set only once
anyway.  This way the windows driver at least wouldn't change at all
...back to the list.  Comments anyone?

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2002-01-16 11:15:58
Subject: Re: Error Writing/Reading Encrypted Values