Re: Closing 5432 to the outside

From: harrold(at)sage(dot)che(dot)pitt(dot)edu
To: Aarni Ruuhimäki / Megative Tmi <megative(at)iwn(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Closing 5432 to the outside
Date: 2001-09-29 13:52:13
Lists: pgsql-novice
Sometime in September Aarni Ruuhimki / Megative Tmi assaulted keyboard

|Hi folks !
|How can I close pgsql port to the outside ? I am accessing pg-databases only
|from (the local net and) the server itself via coldfusion so the port does
|not have to be visible to eth0 ?
|How can I do this ? Is there a start option for this ? I vaguely remember
|having seen something about it somewhere but could not find in docs.
|Any hint or insight / explanation into this would be greatly appreciated.
|Thanks in advance,
|I am running RH 7.1 and PG 7.0

since you are running redhat you could use the firewalling software to
block external access to that port using iptables i believe.

"You have new mail, you open it. Your server begins port
scanning every box on the internet.  Do the server's mind?
Of course not, they have nothing better to do."
- New Microsoft Ad?