Re: CLUSTER TODO item

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CLUSTER TODO item
Date: 2001-09-24 05:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Note: I'm not convinced that relfilenode and pg_class.oid are each
> used in exactly the right spots.  Once we have cases where they can
> differ, we may well find some bugs to flush out.  But that needs to
> happen anyway, so don't let it dissuade you from doing CLUSTER the
> right way.

I think I may have broken stuff. I'm not sure. I've fiddled a fair bit but
I'm still segfaulting in the storage manager. It might be because I'm
heap_creating and then just stealing relfilenode - I don't know.

Anyway, a patch is attached which clusters and then recreates the indexes
- but then segfaults.

Am I going about this all wrong?

Thanks

Gavin