Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
Date: 2001-09-22 11:59:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

[snip]

> I assume it preserves the function's OID? That is something we have
> needed for a while because it would keep oid references to the function
> the same, or at least we should give people the option of keeping the
> oid.

Yes. The idea is that the oid is preserved. I have assumed that people
would always want it to be if they were replacing the function. Would
there be a time when someone wouldn't want to do this? It would be pretty
simple to update the patch to handle a syntax which specified that a new
oid should be generated.

Gavin