ERROR: Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented

From: matthew(dot)copeland(at)honeywell(dot)com
To: PostgreSqlAdmin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented
Date: 2001-08-21 21:14:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
I have a set of rules that worked in 7.0.3 for async notification.  Those
same set of rules don't seem to be working under 7.1.2.  The rules look
like this.

CREATE RULE CONFIG_CHNG AS ON INSERT TO gs_config DO (NOTIFY CONFIG_CHANGE);
CREATE RULE CONFIG_CHNG AS ON UPDATE TO gs_config DO (NOTIFY CONFIG_CHANGE);
CREATE RULE CONFIG_CHNG AS ON DELETE TO gs_config DO (NOTIFY CONFIG_CHANGE);

Here is a look at what my session looks like.

bash# psql config
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

config=# insert into gs_config values ('Life','42');
INSERT 18842 1
config=# update gs_config set config_value='0' where config_name='Life';
ERROR:  Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented
config=# delete from gs_config where config_name='Life';
ERROR:  Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented
config=# \q

Obviously, this isn't what I desired to have happen.  :)  Anyone have any
ideas on either a way that I can get around this little feature?  I really
really need the async notification stuff.

Thanks,
Matthew M. Copeland