Re: Changing ODBC users with Access doesn't work correctly for me

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Alex Rhomberg <ar(at)inout(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Markus Wagner <wagner(at)imsd(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Changing ODBC users with Access doesn't work correctly for me
Date: 2001-08-15 21:10:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

(Markus, does this sound like the same problem you are having?)

I've been talking to someone (Markus) and playing with similar things and
found something today. Access (97 at least) seems to only use one
username per "session". In other words, you have to quit access in order
to login as someone else. Basically the problem I ran into is that once
Access connects it won't disconnect. I was trying to refresh a link of a
linked table and change the username and password.

Something else that may be of interest to you is the MSysConf table.
Look in help. There is a setting to disable caching of passwords. This
may help solve your problem (or maybe not).

-Cedar