JDBC Performance

From: <mike(at)mwcs(dot)mb(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC Performance
Date: 2001-07-31 20:40:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am having some performance problems with postgresql and JDBC when it
comes to updates. If I try and update a record it seems to be taking 1.7
seconds for 100 records or 14 seconds for 500 records. An insert is only
taking between 3-5 ms/record. Performance on the updates continue to
decrease until I vacuum analyze the database again. Is this normal?

Mike