Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric

From: Ola Sundell <ola(at)miranda(dot)org>
To: "'PostgreSQL jdbc list'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Metadata for tables, schema, and numeric
Date: 2001-07-06 10:11:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > While I haven't read the JDBC spec, I'd have to guess that the entire
> > notion of an updateable result set is defined only for a very small
> > subset of possible SELECT queries
>
> FYI:
<snip>

Point taken.

In the future I will, of course, consult the spec before making wild
assumptions. One question that pops up in my mind, after having read the
jdbc spec, is what to do, if someone tries to update a ResultSet which is
a UNION, for instance. If I was using the jdbc driver, and I did just
that, I'd at least like to get some sort of error message, telling me that
my course of action was flawed.

Ola

--
Ola Sundell
ola(at)miranda(dot)org - olas(at)wiw(dot)org - ola(dot)sundell(at)upright(dot)se