Re: DB grid

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Braxton Beyer <bbeyer(at)seton(dot)org>
Cc: Pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB grid
Date: 2001-04-24 09:46:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Did you get your answer? If not, you can try this if you have MS
Access.. (everyone else, this is interesting.. a strange alternative to
using linked tables)

Create a query in an Access database (a normal query), cancel the show
table box, set the SourceConnectStr property to a valid connect string,
then go back to show table. Now you can use the Access query design tool
(not that you would want to..). If you want to set the SourceConnectStr
from VB code then you only have to edit the query's SQL and set it like:

SELECT * FROM mytable IN ''
[ODBC;DSN=pgtestdb;DATABASE=testdb;SERVER=nanu;PORT=5432;UID=pguser;PWD=password;
READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=0;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;
SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=];

and set the [ODBC;...] part to a connect string valid for your server and
database.

-Cedar