Re: Re: BETWEEN clause

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Paul Tomblin <ptomblin(at)xcski(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: BETWEEN clause
Date: 2001-04-24 13:33:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> Quoting will trillich (will(at)serensoft(dot)com):
> > > test=# create view its_really_the_same_thing as select true where 1
> > > between 1 and 3;
> > >
> > > test=# \d its_really_the_same_thing
> > > View definition: SELECT 't'::bool WHERE ((1 >= 1) AND (1 <= 3));
> > >

> > > HTH,
> > > --
> > > Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
> > > Director of Information Systems, Support Center of Washington
> >
> > just wanted to say -- BEAUTIFULLY executed reply.
> > not only did you answer the query succinctly and completely,
> > you showed, quite clearly, how to find out such answers.
>
> I was impressed as well. I didn't know you could use \d to find the
> definition of views like that.

Yep.

Now what I'd love is \recreate foobar which would execute

DROP VIEW foobar; CREATE VIEW foobar AS ...

So that I could conveniently up-arrow in psql's readline, and edit and
re-create the view.

Woud save me a hundred vi fumblings or X-mouse cutting and pastings a
week.

... who needs GUIs? ;-)

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>