How to determine if a user exists..

From: "Dominic J(dot) Eidson" <sauron(at)the-infinite(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to determine if a user exists..
Date: 2001-04-23 06:14:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am trying to add another authentication mechanism to PostgreSQL... And,
in doing that, I need to verify the existance of an user within PG. Short
of hacking together code from verify_password(), is there any way to check
if a user exists in postgresql? (The actuall password verification will be
taken care of elsewhere... I just need to check if the user exists.)

thanks,
--
Dominic J. Eidson
"Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli