Re: Possible ODBC driver error

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Patrick Dunford <a47xxy(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible ODBC driver error
Date: 2001-04-16 16:36:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Patrick Dunford wrote:
>
> > I recently copied five tables to the server using the Postgres ODBC driver
> > with MS Access.
> >
> > The tables can be viewed in MS Access but not using PHP or Zeos Database
> > Explorer, which both return the same error message:
> > ERROR: Relation 'adweb_servinf1' does not exist
> >
> > The tables are visible in ZDO and the column names can be viewed. All the
> > names of the tables also appear in pg_tables.
> >
> > Is this a bug in the ODBC driver i.e. it does not make the full entries
> > needed in Postgres for it to know about tables?

Are you using PHP w/ODBC, or w/the compiled-in Postgres DB connector? If
you don't see it w/the built-in connector, it's not a ODBC problem at all.

When you say the "tables can be viewed" do you mean that the data in the
tables can be viewed in Access, but you can't view the data of tables in
PHP/Zeos?

Can you create a new, simple table, insert one record, and view this
through PHP/Zeos?

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>