Re: PostgreSQL v7.1 Release Candidate 4

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL v7.1 Release Candidate 4
Date: 2001-04-09 13:14:50
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> If, by Friday, April 13th, there have been no bugs reported, all that will
> happen is that rc4 will get renamed as the official release, no
> repackaging or anything ...

Was hoping that I'd have some time to get around to it before now, but I
haven't so am posting to the list. For quite some time I have found the
behaviour of CLUSTER to be deceiving. The documentation has some to say
about its short comings.

The table is actually copied to a temporary table in index order, then
renamed back to the original name. For this reason, all grant
permissions and other indexes are lost when clustering is performed.

It also drops the other relation meta data. I think this should at least
be noted in the documentation for 7.1 full release or the heap copy should
look at copying over triggers, checks etc.

Sorry to chime in so close to release, I only just looked to see if this
had been addressed.

Thanks

Gavin