Re: Better Features document?

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Better Features document?
Date: 2001-04-08 13:08:46
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Roberto Mello wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 03:52:00PM -0400, Joel Burton wrote:
>
> Wholeheartedly agreed! I see this happen many times here at our
> university. People look at PG's website, then look at MySQL's site and see
> MySQL's (very misleading) "benchmarks", and since they don't have the db
> background and are looking for an esay to use DB, they go with MySQL.
>
> Let me know how can I be of help. It should only take you one day to
> write a good document listing PG's features.

I posted a draft to pgsql-docs this morning. It needs a critical eye for
what may have been left out. It also needs some more coverage of
PG-interfaces, especially in the web world. (You're involved in the
OpenACS project, right? Perhaps you know of other things like that to
cover.)

Thanks for the enouragement,

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>