Re: PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-PHP list <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news
Date: 2001-03-27 21:12:44
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-php

> We're also very interested in hacker feedback as to what you'd like to
> see in a software and service package that revolves around the Web
> development "stack." What kind of tools, building blocks, and
> applications would you like to see commercially supported? Don't be shy
> - please email me at ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com with any suggestions. I'll
> also be at ApacheCon in a few weeks if you'd like to get together in person.

Well, I don't know if I'd really call myself a hacker, but I have done a
bit of work with PG+PHP. I'm not exactly sure what I'm suggesting and how
much it involves but here goes: It would be nice to have some sort of
"toolkit" to create something similar to bound forms in MS Access (if
you're familiar with it). I am currently working on a project in Access
which at some point I think it would be nice to have a web interface too.
I did a short example web "form" just for fun, but it was a lot of work.
This sort of "toolkit" should make the job a bit easier.
... just thoughts ;)

-Cedar