linked queries (Access)

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: linked queries (Access)
Date: 2001-03-16 12:55:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have come upon a very strange way of doing things. Instead of linking
tables in Access or creating a passthrough query, make a regular select
query with sql like this:

SELECT * FROM tblstusers
IN '' [ODBC;DSN=pgtestdb;UID=cedarc;PWD=mypassword;DATABASE=testdb];

The result is a query through ODBC to PG that you can edit! Perhaps you
could call it a "linked query". Anyway, it does work. It is a bit slower
than using a passthrough query. I'm not sure how it compares to a linked
table. Am I correct in thinking that each query uses a new connection?

Anyone ever done this before? Thoughts / comments?

-Cedar