Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?
Date: 2001-01-17 08:35:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, David Zoll wrote:

> I need to test ODBC access to PostgreSQL from Windows clients. Since
> the latest binary distribution (postdrv.exe version 6.50.0) seems to be
> password protected, and nobody seems to know the password, I downloaded
> the source. Everything compiled fine in Visual C++ 6.0, and I now have
> a psglodbc.dll file.

I know I've said this before, but I still suspect a virus is at work.
David, where did you download postdrv.exe? If the same file is running
correctly on someone else's system and asking for a password on yours,
something strange is going on, to say the least. I've seen this before
with a different packager/installer, as well as self extracting winzip
archives being corrupted. If you have anti-virus software, make sure you
update to the latest virus defs. If not, at least go to www.pspl.com and
get the CIH virus cleaner (and run it from dos mode).

-Cedar