Re: PostgreSQL for NT

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "W(dot) van den Akker" <wvdakker(at)wilsoft(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL for NT
Date: 2000-11-19 00:14:10
Lists: pgsql-ports
W. van den Akker writes:

> FindExec: could not find a postgres to execute...
> FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
> FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
>
> If I run postgres.exe from the bash shell then I have no problems.

The reason for this is that the program does a shell-like path walk to
find itself.  If you are not running a Unix-like shell then you don't have
a PATH variable in the environment (or at least you have one with
semicolons as separators).  Using absolute file names might work.

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/