Re: OT: Heterogenous networks

From: Joachim Achtzehnter <joachim(at)kraut(dot)ca>
To: Adam Lang <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OT: Heterogenous networks
Date: 2000-11-15 17:56:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Today, in a message to pgsql-interfaces Adam Lang wrote:

> Man... everything has to be so hard to make a decision on... Sometimes
> I wish someone was here before me that made these tech decisions...

Stephen Crawley had written:

> > CORBA is both standardised and platform independent.

While I tend to agree with Stephen, and I had mentioned CORBA in an
earlier message too, Adam may be in a bit of a bind because he has settled
on using VB. I'm not aware of a CORBA mapping for that, is there one?

By choosing VB one more or less commits to a Microsoft only solution,
arghh.

Depending on the nature of your application you may also want to
investigate building a Web application. The client would be IExplorer to
stay with the Microsoft only approach. :) And you can also use VBScript if
you like.

Joachim

--
work:     joachima(at)realtimeint(dot)com  (http://www.realtimeint.com)