problem creating database

From: matthew(dot)copeland(at)honeywell(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem creating database
Date: 2000-11-03 19:48:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm using postgresql 7.0.2 compiled from the source. I seem to have
things up and working, but I am getting the problem shown below. I can
psql into another database, if I use a different name, and on another
system I can create a database with the name product. I even tried
dropping it and recreating, same message. Can anyone provide assistance?

base$ createdb product
CREATE DATABASE
bash$ psql product
psql: FATAL 1: Database 'product', OID 19008, has disappeared from
pg_database
bash$

I almost forgot, if it helps at all, I always get the SAME OID for all
databases I created called product.

Matthew M. Copeland
matthew(dot)copeland(at)honeywell(dot)com