psql client segfault

From: Thomas Linden <tom(at)daemon(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql client segfault
Date: 2000-11-02 23:42:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

hi, me again :-)

ok, after installing the rpm's everything was fine except connecting to
the database using the supplied client program psql. It ended with a
segmentation fault. So I thought it would be a good idea to try to install
the software from source.

The problem is, psql still exists with a segfault :-(
After the segfault the terminal became unusable, that's why I think it
could have to something with curses ...?

My setup:

RedHat 5.2 (yes)
glibc 2.1.2-11
Kernel 2.2.12-20
ncurses 4.2-10
termcap 9.12.6-15
readline 2.2.1-1

I get the segfault both as postgres user or as any other user (including
root). createdb/createuser works well, compilation of the sources too, no
errors or warnings (well, some really unimportant unused defs...).

I don't want to bother everybody on this list with huge attachments, so I
put the coredump as well as the strace output on my webpage:

Thanks in advance,

- --
=> PGP key:
=> "Experience is what you got  when