Re: more multibyte/After TGL...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: more multibyte/After TGL...
Date: 2000-10-29 16:34:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman writes:

> So, at least for the UDK FS, we probably need to walk the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and cleanse it of any libraries that contain OUR libs.

How do you know what your libs are? The failure is likely to occur if you
you installed 7.0 in /usr/local/pgsql and followed the installation
instructions to the point of setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Then you install
7.1 in prefix=$HOME/pg-test. How do you then compute that you should
strip "/usr/local/pgsql/bin" from LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

I think this falls back to the user. We should perhaps add a note in
FAQ_SCO about it.