Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
Subject: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-24 07:42:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Where is, if there is, a list of things that need to be fixed in the ODBC
driver?  As far as I'm concerned (with Access) it works reasonably well.
There are only a couple of things I can think of off hand, like RI
reporting and the nested function bug,
 'hi' & ' ' & 'there' != textcat( fn( 'hi', ' ') 'there')
which are ones I've come across myself (which is probably why I do
remember them).

Also, has anyone had any success building the ODBC driver under windows
with free tools?  Hmm, wait a second, come to think of it, I do have
something that might work, Borland C++ 4.0 (for Dos, Windows, and Windows
NT).  It was given to me recently, but I never bothered to install it as
I've never done any C outside of Linux.  Is this good enough to compile
the ODBC driver?  I'd like to at least be able to try out some patches and
provide feedback to whoever does work on the driver.

-Cedar