Re: pg7.0.2 on Sol8

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Alexander Tait Brotman <abrotman(at)phoenix(dot)lhup(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg7.0.2 on Sol8
Date: 2000-10-19 18:13:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Alexander Tait Brotman writes:

> I am trying to use Postgres on Solaris8(SPARC). Upon
> using make i get an error on $SRC/backend/lib/stringinfo.c on lines
> 104,121,124 stemming from va_list,va_start, and va_end that they are all
> undeclared. Any thoughts on how I might fix this. If you need any
> more info please let me know. Thank you.

These things should be declared in stdarg.h, which is include via
src/include/c.h <= src/include/postgres.h. The include in c.h is
conditional on the configure test "checking for ANSI header files", which
thus probably failed for you. You can read the file config.log to check
why. I'd be interested to know.