Re: Postgres 7 on IRIX

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Pete Forman <gsez020(at)kryten(dot)bedford(dot)waii(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-ports(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 7 on IRIX
Date: 2000-10-13 20:07:55
Lists: pgsql-ports
Pete Forman writes:

> I have submitted two patches to get around build problems.  I'd expect
> both to be needed for AIX and Solaris at least, as well as IRIX.

Both Solaris and AIX have been known to work.

> A minor problem that I have not addressed is that for the main build I
> was able to "make".  That found my /usr/local/bin/gmake and from there
> on used "gmake".  The same feature has not been done in
> src/test/regress.  Running "gmake" directly is fine though.

Actually, you can now run the regression tests simply by typing "make
check" in the top-level directory; there's not need to move into the
source tree anymore.  We're probably not going to add the GNU make
detection everywhere, since it's more of a gimmick than a real feature.

> The runcheck regression tests are all good except for geometry.  That
> has nine differences in the least significant digit compared with
> geometry-positive-zeros.out.  Do you think that's good enough to
> submit a geometry-irix.out file?

Sure.  Perhaps you could check first if the result you got matches any of
the other geometry output files.

> Snapshot with my two patches builds and passes the runcheck regression
> tests.

Where are the patches?

--
Peter Eisentraut      peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net       http://yi.org/peter-e/