Reformat docs for duplex printing

From: John McKown <jmckown(at)prodigy(dot)net>
Subject: Reformat docs for duplex printing
Date: 2000-08-11 18:47:32
Lists: pgsql-docs

I've downloaded the PostgreSQL documentation from sourceforge. In
particular, the admin.ps.gz, programmer.ps.gz, tutorial.ps.gz, and
user.ps.gz. I then gunzip'ed these and did a "ps2pdf". The documents seem
to be formatted for a letter printer in simplex (single sided) mode. I
would like to print these documents on my duplex (doubled
sided) laser. Granted, I can do this from the simplex formatted
versions. But it doesn't look as nice. I was wondering if there is a way
that I can get the source for the documents so that I can format it
"properly". What this means, to me. Is that the page numbers are always on
the "outside", the margins are mirrored so that the "inside" margin is
slightly greater than the "outside" margin (for binding), and the chapters
all start on a "front" page.

Any help?

Oh, I have downloaded the PostgreSQL source and see a bunch of "htm" files
in the /doc subdirectory, but I can't figure out how to create the
Postscript output from these (if, indeed, I can).

John McKown