Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
Cc: prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5
Date: 2000-08-04 21:58:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Henry B. Hotz writes:

> Shouldn't there be an option to disable shared libraries altogether?

The promised land for all of this is GNU libtool, which offers all these
little options. I brought up the rpath thing a while ago, and while it
might look the same on a lot of platforms, it's potentially just another
source of problems when implemented manually. The LD_RUN_PATH does the
same thing on many platforms; perhaps we should mention it somewhere.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala