Re: can not guess host type

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Frederic De Leersnijder <Frederic(dot)De(dot)Leersnijder(at)pandora(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can not guess host type
Date: 2000-07-08 00:10:05
Lists: pgsql-ports
Frederic De Leersnijder writes:

> Hi, I've installed postgres on my machine before but now I get
> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host
> type; you must specify one A very odd situation. What options can I
> use with configure to compile postgres on my redhat 6.2 machine?

Try ./configure --host='i686-pc-linux' ... (other options), or whatever
your processor is.

There's a long-standing problem with config.guess that it doesn't
recognize certain Linux platforms when the compiler is installed in a
strange way. (Did you change anything in your compiler installation?)
Please go to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/config and download the latest version
of config.guess and config.sub to see if they recognize your platform.
(Just run config.guess from the shell.)

If not, send a problem report to config-patches(at)gnu(dot)org(dot)

Let us know.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala