fcntl(F_SETLK)

From: eisentrp(at)csis(dot)gvsu(dot)edu
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: fcntl(F_SETLK)
Date: 2000-07-03 14:04:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
There's a broken configure test for fcntl(F_SETLK). (Hint: Of course it's
going to fail if you don't include the header file that defines
F_SETLK.) Apparently, it's been broken for quite a while so I'm afraid to
fix it, considering the problems with file locking.

Reading up on TODO.detail/flock, it seems this mechanism is made obsolete
by the pid file, so I'm inclined to remove it. At least those using Linux
and Solaris shouldn't feel a difference because the locking code wasn't
being used for said reasons. :)

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala