Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally

From: eisentrp(at)csis(dot)gvsu(dot)edu
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Date: 2000-07-03 12:33:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> peter mentioned something about next version of autoconf doing this?

Yeah, you write AC_INIT(Package, Version) and that creates the VERSION
variable and substitutes it, just like I did. (It also creates the PACKAGE
variable, in case you ever want to rename the package. :)

If you don't like it in, I understand, but it seems like that
would be just one more file to find.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala            Sweden