Re: Documentation organization

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation organization
Date: 2000-06-30 16:22:36
Lists: pgsql-docs
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> I'm not sure how "set" will differ from "part" when it comes time to
> split up the hardcopy, but it might be pretty easy (it partly depends
> on how the RTF assigns the styles).

A "set" will cause the chapter and page numbering to restart in each
book, which is what we'd presumably want.

I will put something like I imagined together over the weekend and post
it on the web so you can take a look.

> But we can also carry along a separate "references" document which
> *does* integrate them all, as well as including them at the end of
> each relevant doc.

Good idea. Let's see how it would come out.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala