Re: BeOS take 2

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: David Reid <david(at)jetnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BeOS take 2
Date: 2000-06-11 11:46:01
Lists: pgsql-patches

David Reid writes:

> I've not modified anything (though I would normally remove the lines
> about .o files only being in the pgsql_beos tree)

It seems like you want to run make distclean before making patches.

> Looking at the code in pqcomm.c|h should a new define of
> NO_UNIX_SOCKETS be defined to clean up the defines around the unix
> socket code?

Yup.

> BTW, the IPC code for BeOS currently has aLOT of defines of __BEOS__
> in it. Any suggestions?

I didn't see any ifdef __BEOS__ in the IPC code in your patch. (Heck,
you're lucky you have IPC. The QNX port that was new for 7.0 had to
provide its own implementation of semaphores.)

What worries me is that BEOS seems to predefine bool with typedef.
PostgreSQL requires that bool is a `char', so if your system headers think
otherwise (`int' presumably), then we're in for a lot of trouble. How does
it look?

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala