Re: few more securiry questions :-)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: R D <mrk279(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: few more securiry questions :-)
Date: 2000-05-31 19:34:53
Lists: pgsql-admin
R D writes:

> 1.I think it will be good pgSQL to accept the
> "GRANT ALL ON * TO SOMEUSER;" and
> "REVOKE ALL ON * FROM SOMEUSER;" so are there
> any plans in implementing this? Does anybody knows?

I think so too. We'll take it under advisement.

> 2.Why the authentication system is not integrated in
> the system databases of pgSQL,like in MySQL for
> example?

Because there's a bootstrapping problem: You would have to connect to the
database to change the authentication settings, but in order to connect
you have to be authenticated.

> 3.Are there any plans in making security system more
> flexible?

Sure. I'm planning some work on that very soon. Any suggestions you might
want to contribute?

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala