Re: [BUGS] grant/revoke bug with delete/update

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jerome ALET <alet(at)unice(dot)fr>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jerome ALET <alet(at)taloa(dot)unice(dot)fr>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] grant/revoke bug with delete/update
Date: 2000-03-09 00:38:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Jerome ALET writes:

[censored stuff snipped]

> Don't even expect me to rewrite this patch for 7.0, because it's not my
> problem anymore, it's yours (and other postgresql users') !

I don't think that personal attacks like this are warranted. Tom points
out that this is a relatively big code change by an "outsider" during beta
which would also require users to re-initdb their database. It's an
unfortunate situation but if a plurality of core developers says that this
would be too much potential burden during beta you have to accept it. You
are free to publish your patch via other mechanisms if you like, or
contribute it to 7.1.

And patches based on older versions can't be used in general.

> At least you should document this security problem.

Agreed.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala