Re: [GENERAL] Median, Quartile and Percentile Aggregate Functions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: Patrik Hall <phall(at)phall(dot)kdsoft(dot)fi>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Median, Quartile and Percentile Aggregate Functions
Date: 2000-03-05 14:15:21
Lists: pgsql-general
Ed Loehr writes:

> Forgive me if I already said this...May I suggest a lovely little perl
> package called Statistics::Descriptive which I use for this sort of
> thing?  I know it's not exactly what your were looking for, but it's a
> possible consideration if you happen to be accessing pgsql via
> perl/DBI.

For those of us that access databases via a variety of clients this isn't
exactly a very stylish option. It has always been my philosophy to let the
database drive the application and not the other way around. Others are
free to disagree.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala            Sweden