Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall
Date: 2000-03-04 23:00:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kardos, Dr. Andreas writes:

> The pg_dumpall script is not compatible with 7.0 psql and createdb.

I've fixed up the logic and it seems to work but I attach it here so you
can try it because I don't have a reasonably-sized database around right
now.

Regarding the quoting, I'm inclined to say that
FOO="`echo "$BAR"`"
style constructs are okay but I'd like to hear from anyone that thinks (or
knows) otherwise. At first I thought
echo "$BAR" | read FOO
might do the trick but for some reason I couldn't get it to work.

I'd be interested in a definite solution to this because it seems some
other shell scripts in the tree suffer from similar problems.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala

Attachment Content-Type Size