Re: [GENERAL] CREATE VIEW blah AS SELECT DISTINCT etc

From: Bob Kline <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
To: Moray McConnachie <moray(dot)mcconnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] CREATE VIEW blah AS SELECT DISTINCT etc
Date: 1999-10-22 15:26:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Moray McConnachie wrote:

> > > I can't find the bug report form on the WWW to submit a bug report
> for
> > > psql on this. The FAQ merely says
> > >
> > > 1.13) How do I submit a bug report?
> > >
> > > Fill out the "bug-template" file and send it to:
> bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
> > >
> > > No indication of how to get hold of the bug-template file...
> > >

> > $ locate bug.template
> > /usr/doc/postgresql-6.5.2/bug.template
> > /usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.5/doc/bug.template
> >
> > So it looks like the doc directory of your source distribution tree
> > might be a good place to start looking. Or just do a find / -name
> > bug.template -print.
>
> Thanks - perhaps the location of the file should be in the FAQ also?

Sounds reasonable to me. In fact, when I went to check the FAQ to
verify that it wasn't already there I noticed that the link to the FAQ
from http://www.postgresql.org/info.html was dead. Best might be a link
from the FAQ to a copy of the latest version of bug.template.

Finally, I noticed that the bug template for has the instructions:

You may also enter a bug report at http://www.postgresql.org/
instead of e-mailing this form.

But it's not apparent from the home page where to go to do so (in fact,
I still haven't found it).

And *really* finally, when I went wandering around the site looking for
this online bug report page, I kept getting error dialogs popping up,
asking if I wanted to debug the page, so I gather there's some fancy
client-side scripting going on (click on Development from the home page)
that's not quite ready for prime time. :->} That's why I've copied the
webmaster on this reply.

Cheers!

--
Bob Kline