Re: [INTERFACES] java.sql.Types problem

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Jenkins <TomJenkins(at)zentuit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] java.sql.Types problem
Date: 1999-09-25 10:04:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tom Jenkins wrote:

> Howdy,
> I'm getting a java.sql.Types value of 16 for varchar field instead of the 12
> I expected.

The code returns using the constants defined in the java.sql.Types field.
You should not be using the actual values incase they change in the JDK.

The driver is returning the value java.sql.Types.VARCHAR

> I'm also getting a 15 for timestamp field instead of 93.

The value is not the OID value.

> I don't have a clue as to why they are returning those values, does
> anyone have a hint?
>
> Platform: jdk1.1, PostgreSQL 6.5.1
>
> Where can I get the source for the jdbc driver; I seem to only have the
> class files.

It's with the postgresql src. The file in question is
src/interfaces/src/jdbc/postgresql/Field.java

I've checked the 6.5.2 version, and it's fine.

Peter

--
       Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk