Linux/Alpha patches for Postgresql 6.5.2

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Linux/Alpha patches for Postgresql 6.5.2
Date: 1999-09-18 16:11:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

Ok, the Linux/Alpha patches for Postgresql 6.5.2 are attached to
this email (quite small after gzip). The procedure for use is the same as
for the 6.5.1 patches. Grab the 6.5.2 tarball, untar/ungzip it, then from
the top level directory of the source tree, run 'gzip -dc
/path/to/patch/postgresql-6.5.2-alpah.patch | patch -p1', and it should
apply cleanly. Then just compile, install, and run as usual.
The only regression tests that are failing are the sames ones as
for 6.5.1, geometry (off by one in nth decimal place) and rules (with
no-predefined sorting method, alpha's default sort is different than the
rest).
The patches are also on my web site, though notice the new URL,
http://www.rkirkpat.net/software/ to go directly to them. Also, if someone
could update my email address in the documentation (under Linux/Alpha
person, or where ever it shows up) to 'pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net' (from
rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu) that would be great! Thanks.
If you have any trouble with this patch, feel free to email me,
but please try and provide as much detail as possible as what you were
doing and what happened. The more detail you give me, the quicker I can
solve the problem. TTYL.

PS. Sorry for any duplicates of this message, but the lists did
not like my new email address until I had unsubscribed and resubscribed
with my new email address.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-6.5.2-alpha.patch.gz application/octet-stream 8.4 KB