Re: [INTERFACES] How do I drop a column from a table?

From: Rusty Brooks <rbrooks(at)utdallas(dot)edu>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, robertC(at)opmr(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] How do I drop a column from a table?
Date: 1999-08-31 14:39:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

==>But this method might lose some characteristics such as primary key,
==>unique constraints, no?

I'm not sure, but if it does you can add them back with unique indexes. I
also think you can add these attributes back with an alter table combined
with a CONTSTRAINT x PRIMARYKEY(col)

~~~~~~
| | Rusty Brooks
|c--OD The University of Texas at Dallas
| _) Computer Science Dept.
| |
|-. | http://www.utdallas.edu/~rbrooks
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/ Statisticians probably do it.

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember
and be sad.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then television must be worth
30,000 words per second.
-- Rusty Brooks