FastPath call returned ERROR

From: <acshafer(at)moon(dot)hec(dot)utah(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FastPath call returned ERROR
Date: 2001-10-18 18:30:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Still trying to store and retrieve large objects, still having trouble.

Though I'd rather be able to set/get streams from the
PreparedStatment/ResultSet, I thought I'd try to use the postgres
extensions and see where I get with that.

Here is what I tried so far.

LargeObjectManager loman =
((org.postgresql.Connection)con).getLargeObjectAPI();

int looid = loman.create();

LargeObject lo = loman.open(looid);

Everything seems to work as expected until I try to write a byte[] with

lo.write(b); //b is some arbitrary byte array

The result is:

FastPath call returned ERROR: lo_write: invalid large obj descriptor (0)

Any comments or ideas?

Andrew