Re: [SQL] Q: spinlock on Alpha? (PG7.0.2) - solved

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: Emils Klotins <emils(at)grafton(dot)lv>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Q: spinlock on Alpha? (PG7.0.2) - solved
Date: 2000-10-11 04:41:11
Lists: pgsql-portspgsql-sql
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Emils Klotins wrote:

> From:           	Fabrice Scemama <fabrices(at)ximmo(dot)ftd(dot)fr>
> > Try this:
> > http://www.rkirkpat.net/software/
> > > parallel regression testing's initdb stage fails with a core file and
> > > message:
> > >
> > > FATAL: s_lock (2030d360) at spin.c:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
> > > FATAL: s_lock (2030d360) at spin.c:116, stuck spinlock. Aborting.
> > >

> Thanks, it worked!

	You are welcome... Some one beat me to directing you to my own
site. :)

> Now everything works fine and the only regression tests that fail
> are
> tinterval
> abstime
> geometry
>
> I wonder if I might have any problems because of those?

	The failure with geometry is an off by one error in the nth
decimal place, in other words harmless (providing you are not calculating
trajectories for an interplanetary space mission :).
	The other two should not have failed. Have you tried diffing the
results against the expected results? Often times timezones being
misconfigured can cause strange problems. If there is nothing obvious in
the resulting diffs (i.e. nothing that can be traced to a local problem),
please email the regression results to me (an attached .tgz is fine), and
I will take a look. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |