Re: Full-text searching and/or word indexing

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Thomas Weholt <Thomas(at)cintra(dot)no>
Cc: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Full-text searching and/or word indexing
Date: 2000-06-26 10:46:44
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Thomas Weholt wrote:

> I want to use full text searching on my PostgreSQL 7.0.2 database. Ok, to be
> exact I want to somehow be able to type the word
> alien and get a record set containing "Alien", "Alien 3" and "Alien
> Resurection". ( "Aliens" could should also be returned but that would
> probably take more time, so I`ll go with plain hits to begin with. )

Look in the contrib directory under your source tree for Postgres, and
you'll see a library that does full-text indexing.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
Take your work seriously but never take yourself seriously; and do not
take what happens either to yourself or your work seriously.
		-- Booth Tarkington